January 21, 2009

Poet Lizzie took an axe...

and gave her poem fifty whacks.

It was painful to hear. It sounded something like

WHACK
::pause::
::pause::
::pause::
WHACK
::pause::
::pause::
::pause::
WHACK
::pause::
::pause::
::pause::
WHACK
::pause::
::pause::
::pause::
WHACK

Good thing I didn't have a brick at hand. I might have ruined my tv. I would say it's just me being cranky (I don't like being read to), but others had similar reactions. Check the links at Poegles. There's also commentary at Althouse. If you compare the transcript (visual) of the poem to the way it was delivered, there is a disconnect. The poem (a prose poem) looks nothing like the way she made it sound. I'm pretty sure that's illegal.

Har.

2 comments:

Agnes said...

Apparently the poem is written in tercets. This wasn't reflected in the transcript. I'm not sure it matters much one way or another, as it doesn't change the way it was presented orally. WHACK.

Anonymous said...

Yes it does whack. Very cool.